July 2, 2010

Maxing it Out

I like this outfit.  I had been thinking about this outfit for a while - at least the piece of pairing a tank with the maxi dress.  I've actually had this dress for a couple of years and it's served me well.  I decided I wanted to try putting this tank over it to see how it would look.  And once belted, I think it worked!  Pairing the white jacket over the ensemble helped make it office appropriate.

One thing I love about the tank is that the first time I saw it in TJMaxx, I was like "space-dyed tank!" - as in all the J.Crew tanks and t-shirts that are being called "space-dyed".  That's how wrapped around J.Crew's finger I am - I call other pieces of clothing by their made-up names.

I also love the colors in this outfit.  Mandy over at Clothes Coquette rocked a mixing of black, brown, and white the other day and it inspired me to pair a brown belt with an otherwise all-black ensemble.  And then when I was deciding what to use as a layer over the tank & dress, I decided to try my white jacket - and boy, am I glad I did.  It was the right color and proportion - I had thought maybe of trying a long sweater vest, but it just wasn't working.


Tank - TJMaxx
Dress - Old Navy
Shoes, Necklace, Sunglasses - Target
Belt - UrbanOutfitters
Jacket - Gap
Necklace - Premier Jewelry
Flower Pin - The Limited

1 comment:

Elaine said...

This is too cute! It reminds me of Kendi Everyday.

Love the flower pin!

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style