June 21, 2010

Style Evolution, Cont.

So in the vein of continuing to push my style boundaries, here are two things that I would never have considered wearing just a little while ago.  1 - Skinny black pants.  Like skinny black pants.  When I put these on, I had a flashback to my horseback riding days and jodphurs.  But I really love them!  2 - I am belting a cardigan.  I wouldn't have done that just a couple of weeks ago! 

So fun fact about the black skinny pants...did you know that they also go well with a hospital gown?  I didn't either, but I got to try that particular fashion trend this afternoon after an impromptu visit to the ER.  Everything ended up checking out a ok, which I was sure it would, but still was a relief nonetheless.  And the nurse even complimented me on my necklace!  After all, that's what matters, right?

Here's to embracing style changes and staying out of hospital gowns!

Cardigan, Belt - J.Crew
Black Pants - Gap
Ruffle Tank, Heels - TJMaxx
Necklace - UrbanOutfitters

5 comments:

Rebekah O'Dell Photography said...

SO classy today!

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

i love the skinny black pants and also how you're playing with color here--the peach and the turquoise look smashing together against the neutral background!

Jen said...

Yay for belting cardigans, I just started doing that to my longer ones, because I found I wasn't wearing them otherwise. You look great :)

Elaine said...

So glad you're okay!

that's what I love about fashion blogging... You try new things that you otherwise wouldn't have! You look great!

Enter to win a Lime Ricki swimsuit!
clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Britta said...

Those black pants are awesome. I like how their close-fitting cut compliments your looser cardi!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style