June 1, 2010

Inspirations

One of the things that I love the most about style blogs is the inspiration that they give me.  Jamie at Work Your Closet gave me the inspiration for this outfit with her take on a J.Crew inspiration a couple days ago.  While she went with flats for her outfit, and I could have easily done the same with mine, I decided to mix it up and go with wedges to give me that added height boost.  Plus with the length of the skirt hitting me right at my knees, I needed that little extra heel boost.  While I'm sure it would have looked fine with the flats, it would have made my legs look a little too short for my taste today.

But, as Jamie said in her post, how much easier does it get than this? Black skirt, grey shirt, brown belt and shoes.  Plus it carries on the belting challenge that I have given myself - mainly to work to embrace this particular trend.  I also love it because I like to throw conventional wisdom to the wind and do things like wear brown with black, or navy with black or other crazy color combos that people say you should never wear. It's how I rebel against "the man"...


While I only brought this jacket along in case it was too cold in my office today (which thankfully it wasn't), it actually paired quite nicely with the outfit.


Go get inspired! It makes for an easy outfit day!

Shirt, Jacket - J.Crew
Skirt - Banana Republic
Wedges - Target
Belt - ?? Have had a looong time
Necklace - Premier Jewelry

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style