June 13, 2012

I Forgot That Sometimes I Like My Outfits


If you haven't noticed, I have not really been posting regularly. There is reasoning behind it - mainly, I just haven't felt lately that my outfits are really "cool" enough to post up on the interwebs. At some point in this whole process I somehow experienced both a loss of confidence in my own style/appearance coupled with laziness and thus have wondered why to keep on posting pictures of myself on a daily basis. What's the point? And if there's no point, then why try to keep this experiment going?

I am still working on the answers to these questions. But while I haven't been posting regularly, I have been continuing on with taking pictures of outfits. And today as I was looking back through some of my old ones, I realized that I actually like some of my outfits. That though I may wish my hair was longer or wish I was a few pounds lighter or any number of things, I like this outfit. It's way too colorful for my small town, but it's me. And that's all that I ever want to be.

Cardigan, Jeans - Gap
Top, Belt - J.Crew
Scarf - Madewell
Shoes - LuckyBrand via TJ Maxx

7 comments:

Jane said...

I don't comment often, but I wanted you to know how much I appreciate a "regular" gal in "regular" clothes. Aspirational & over-the-top fashion blogging styles are a dime a dozen. The one's that I prefer are like yours in which you show clothing I might actually already have in my closet & that I might be able to style as well.
Keep being yourself & styling for yourself - it's served you well thus far!

Lauren said...

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful comment Jane - it was very much a gift, in that I needed to hear that. I really and truly appreciate it!

Modmucharobin said...

I am not a regular poster for the same reason.  I don't wear a "blog-worthy" outfit too often, especially when it's hot.  I love the mix of stripes and that limey green cardigan!  

Christina said...

 I am happy to see that Lucky Brand flats sometimes are at TJ Maxx. I have been debating about getting a tan pair, but I don't want to pay full price. Are they quality flats?

Lauren said...

Hey Christina! Yes, I would say that they are quality - it looks like real leather and feels like leather. To be honest, it's been a while since I've worn them around, just because its sandal weather and I can't hardly bear to enclose my feet in sandal weather :). But from what I remember, they were pretty comfy and easy to wear!

Sparkle Fashion Blog said...

oh, i know that feeling. i think sometimes we just get lost in what we like, and what is cool and why are we doing all this..
i love ur outfit, nice color combination. and shoes are great! :)

xx

asteria-sparkle.blogspot.com

Tanvi said...

That's a cute outfit. Love the colors. 

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style