March 1, 2012

#StyleMeMarch Day 1: My Favorite Color

march0312 001

march0312 003

march0312 004

Today for the first day of the StyleMeMarch challenge everyone was supposed to wear their favorite color. My favorite color is all variations of the color mint/seafoam/turquoise blue. There is not a prettier color. If I see something in that color, I have to have it. So I have a lot of pieces to choose from in my wardrobe (yet each one is different and unique!) and while I could have gone many different ways in styling this color (and outfit), I decided to just do a monochromatic color story. Everything just fit together to portray my favorite color.

And with mint so trendy right now, you can better believe that it is taking all my willpower to hold me back from wanting everything :).

I don't know how I'm going to pull off tomorrow's challenge - a braid. I am terrible at braiding my hair! Promise to not laugh too hard! :)

T-Shirt, Skirt, Bracelet - J.Crew
Necklace - J.Crew via Ebay
Shoes - UrbanOutfitters

6 comments:

Amanda Bruner said...

love the color and the shoes!!!  I decided to take the challenge today.  :)  

Im your latest follower.

Mandy
www.mandyjeanchic.com

Lauren said...

Thanks so much Mandy and for stopping by! Will definitely be checking out your blog!

Annie said...

LOVED this color combination. it's so classy and fun!

Hilary Rushford | Dean Street Society said...

Love that color! And your necklace is amazing! That second pic of you is oh so darling. :)

with grace & gumption,
Hilary

Casee Marie said...

Such a cute look! You pulled it off marvelously. I'm loving how on-trend and popular it's gotten to be lately - I don't wear much color, but it's so strong and consistent, not to mention that is looks so gosh darn chic with black, that I can't get enough.

(And I'm loooving your little mint shoes!!)

andrea nicole said...

cute necklace! i love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style