February 2, 2012

Product Review: Hana Titanium 1.5" Flat Iron

A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by a representative from Misikko to see if I would do a product review for them. To be honest, I have received one or two requests in the past, but I've mainly turned them down, as I don't try to use my blog to receive free products - it is chiefly a creative outlet for me. But I've seen reviews of Misikko products on other blogs and I was curious to see if they lived up to the hype.

As soon as I agreed to do the review, I was sent an email with shipping confirmation and the works. No joke - one day later, the product was at my door. THAT was pretty impressive to me. And it was pretty big box for the flat iron I was expecting:


I got my scissors, cut the package open, and I soon saw why the package was so big:


There was a ton of stuff in there!


There were a couple of different pouches to hold the flat iron, an eye mask, some nail files, liquid eyeliner, lip gloss, hand sanitizer, a towel-esque thing, a cooling pad to sit the iron on, a hair brush, and (what I was most excited about) some Hana Shine Shield to use to protect the hair using the flat iron.

All of this was very impressive, but I wanted to see how the actual iron worked.  So I went through my normal hair routine. First, it was washed and conditioned and I applied some of the Shine Shield to my towel-dried hair:


Next I dried my hair completely, using a regular brush and hair dryer to get it all dry before using the straightener:



Next I sectioned off the hair so I could get it really straight and started to use the straightener. This was my hair after using the straightener on the "bottom layer":



The crazy top layer came down next and provided quite a fright!


But was quickly remedied:



I was really impressed by the results. This is the straightest that my hair has ever been - and that is saying something! My hair always has some sort of natural curl or wave to it, but this iron keeps it nice and smooth for days.  And the iron moves so smoothly across my hair - no hair catching in between plates or anything.

All in all, I was blown away by the quality of the Hana Titanium 1.5" flat iron. If you are in the market for a really good, long-lasting straightener, I would highly recommend them.

And thank you again to Misikko for the opportunity to review this product.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style