October 12, 2011

Black and White - Look 2

oct1111 015

oct1111 005

oct1111 002

oct1111 009

I humbly submit my second look for black and white week.  It is a little bit more difficult to do black and white kind of stylishly but not too over the top - although this may qualify as over the top for my small town. However, if this was too much, I'm not sure how it will handle what I've got in mind for tomorrow.

By the by, I am so late in posting this due to the fact that I was watching a magnificent cinematic opus titled Transformers 3:Dark Side of the Moon.  The point that I realized Jerry Bruckenheimer is either a movie genius or a little kid who got a huge budget and decided that he wanted to just blow a lot of things up, is when there was a whole five minutes devoted to stunt men flying through "Chicago" in squirrel suits.  I don't know why they decided to do this (because I had stopped paying too much attention at this point to any kind of plot) but it happened and then all of the sudden the scene switched and everyone was hiding out on the side of a building.  No showing us any kind of epic landing amongst rubble - no, just a quick scene shift and Josh Duhamel's pretty face on the screen again.  So either genius or madman. I'll let you watch and decide :).

Sweater, Top - J.Crew
Skirt - Express
Belt, Sunnies - Target
Shoes -  giveaway
Bracelets, Earrings - Tuesday Morning
Necklace - Old Navy

7 comments:

RestonStyle said...

Love it! But you can never go wrong with black and white, right?

Lauren said...

Truly! :) Trying to keep doing it stylishly for a week - proving to be a bit more of a challenge than I initially thought!

Christina said...

Ooo I love those shoes. Where are they from? Magnificent cinematic opus indeed...

Lauren said...

Thanks Christina! I got the shoes via a giftcard from a giveaway, but it was a while ago and now I can't remember the name of the retailer - I think it began with a "c"? Cosi? Not sure, sorry!!

hahahaha, I thought it was *quite* a feat of movie-making - so ridiculous :)

Goodbadandfab said...

Great outfit post! Your style is definitely similar to mine. When you get a chance, please check out my blog!

http://www.goodbadandfab.com
the personal style and fashion musings of a LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane

MONKEYFACE said...

I lol'ed at "magnificent cinematic opus" considering the context. :)  I can't believe you won those shoes, you lucky thing you!

dotty said...

what a great take on a classic combination!  the texture of the shirt really makes this outfit FANTASTIC!

dash dot dotty

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style