September 30, 2010

A New Kind of Remix Challenge - One Item for One Week

I fell in love with Kendi Everyday's blog earlier this year, but I think when I really fell in love with her creativity was during her first 30 for 30 challenge.  I hadn't ever thought about limiting my wardrobe to a group of just 30 items.  I was close to joining in her 30 for 30 challenge earlier this summer, but just couldn't bring myself to limit my wardrobe - my style and way of dressing is just a little bit too improvisational.  I'm kind of like a jazz piece - you sort of know where you're going, but you can get very easily sidetracked and end up in a different place than you thought you were going to.

So, when I was flipping through the pages of October's InStyle magazine and came across their piece on styling the same 15 pieces throughout a month, I was like "ohmygosh, 15 pieces in one month, I wonder how they did that!" only to discover that they didn't limit themselves to just those pieces - one or more of the pieces was incorporated into a month of outfits.  I felt so disappointed! It seemed like too easy of a challenge - take 15 pieces and wear at least one of them each day for a month of outfits.

Then I started thinking, "what would have been a real challenge is if the stylists of the magazine had only limited themselves to one item and they had to incorporate that one item into a week's worth of outfits instead of using 15 in different outfits over the course of a month."  Then that thought was followed by the thought of "What if I did that myself for my blog?  It would give me a chance to test my own remixing skills.  And what if my followers and other people who are kind and gracious enough to stop by VOTED on the piece that I would wear for the week?! That would make it so much harder!"  And thus, my own personal challenge was born.

Tomorrow I am going to post pictures of 3 shirts, 3 accessories and 1 pair of pants (my internet connection is being uber-slow tonight, grrr, otherwise they would be going up now).  And I need YOUR help in choosing which item is going to be worn EVERY DAY, starting Monday and going through to Saturday of next week (sorry, I take Sundays off, kind of like Chic-Fil-A).  This 1 item, that YOU choose for me to wear, will be used and paired with other items in my wardrobe, but it will be incorporated into every outfit that is worn next week.  If two items ended up in a tie, I will do one week and the other the next (eek!).

I'm excited!  I hope you will help me in choosing which item to wear!  Be sure to vote tomorrow - I'll be posting via Twitter (@lauren_taggart!), and of course on here, when the pics of the items are ready for your viewing!

Want to test your skills in this challenge? Leave me a comment with a link to your blog and I'll be sure to include your blog in my posts!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great challenge idea, good luck :)

Rebecca said...

That sounds like a great challenge.

Anonymous said...

I like challenges! Can't wait for yours too. I might join, I'll think about it. On one hand, it could be very easy, if you choose something simple, on the other hand if that one piece is interesting and not easily mixed with other clothes, that could be tough. Good luck!

Rebecca said...

That sounds like a great challenge.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style