April 9, 2010

It's About the Layers


This is one of my favorite outfits I've worn in a while.  I had the inspiration to wear a pencil skirt from a post on Work Your Closet the other day.  And then as I was hanging up my silk ruffle shirt in the closet yesterday, I saw this blouse and remembered that I wanted to work it into an outfit somehow, and thought "Animal print + ruffles + grey + grey pencil skirt = could work".  Then I saw the grey, yellow, brown, and white scarf in my closet, and it came to me - yellow shoes, yellow jacket and the scarf could take this to another level - and fortunately the mirror confirmed my intuition!


The first layer - blouse, skirt, and some kickin' heels.  I love those heels.

Add jacket.

Cap off with scarf.


Of course, don't forget the accessories.  Necklace = cool bracelet.


Today was also a special day for me - Haircut!! I love getting my haircut.  I have to admit though that I was nervous sitting in the chair watching my stylist chop off my hair.  However, I am very happy with the results - I just hope that I will be able to recreate my self!!

Before...


After...


Blouse, Skirt - J.Crew
Jacket - Fossil
Heels - Tahari, via Marshalls
Scarf - Old Navy
Necklace/Bracelet - Target

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style